Tagged with Miscellaneous
comments powered by
In no particular order
- check the logs and the error logs?
- reboot your machine?
- are all the services running?
- are you on the right server?
- are the database password correct?
- are you on the correct version?
- are error messages switched on so you can see them? (i.e. local.xml in magento)
- especially with the likes of Magento and Joomla! can you walk through the first few lines of code with die()‘s to see where it is crapping out?
- if you have error messages read them carefully? Make sure you understand them don’t just think you do.
- Take a break, have a cup of tea, fuss the cat for 5 minutes.
- Don’t use a tool when you can got to the source. So don’t use phpmyadmin when you can ssh to the box and run native cli
- don’t buy a tool unless you really, really have to.
- when being given login information and passwords check them asap. if they are wrong don’t feel bad about telling whoever gave them to you that they are wrong.